Glass Filtration Media
glassAdvantage produces finely crushed recycled glass for pool, industrial, and environmental filtration applications. Crushed glass filtration media provides outstanding water clarity and quality.
Direct Replacement for Silica Sand Filtration Media
glassAdvantage recycled glass filtration media can be used for swimming pools and spas, water theme parks, industrial waste water effluent, gray water recirculation systems, car wash recirculation systems, storm water runoff, boiler feed and cooling tower systems….just about any filtration application which uses silica sand.
Crushed glass filtration media provides superior cleaning, lower operating costs, and is safer to use.
- Performs better than sand; studies show 2-5 micron versus 50 to 100 micron.
- Weak negative surface charge holds fine particles and positively charged iron and manganese ions that are easily released upon backwashing.
- Excellent for iron and manganese removal at high flow rates (90 GPM).
- Crushed glass is less likely to block or channel than silica sand.
- Coagulants and metal removers are compatible with glass media.
- Filters skin cells, blood cells, and 70% of all bacteria such as coliform or ecoli.
Lower Operating Costs
- Crushed filtration glass media requires up to 20% less media than sand to fill your filter vessel.
- Glass filtration media cleans better resulting in less energy usage and reduced pump operating costs.
- Offers improved performance for pressure or gravity-flow filters.
- 75% saving on back-wash water versus sand and 50% saving versus zeolite.
Safer to Use
- Recycled crushed glass filter media contains no crystalline silica providing better lung protection for media handlers.
- Crushed glass grains are smooth, amorphous particles with a higher attrition strength, and they do not permanently trap bacteria in cracks.